One problem arose with the installed engine: I had left the bottom engine ‘tin’ parts off so they wouldn’t be crushed while moving the engine around on the floor, with the intention of installing them once the engine is in place. This is still a good plan, but what I didn’t realize was that two of the baffles cannot be installed with the push rod tubes in place. Removing the push rod tubes requires removing the cylinder head which requires removing the fan shroud which requires removing the engine: so it came back out tonight. I’m taking this opportunity to replace the push rod tube end seals; I didn’t do this earlier and I got new seals as part of a seal kit.
3D Printing Animals Aviation Brakes Bus CNC Design Detailing DIY Electrical Electronics Energy Engine Exterior Fabrication Golf Hacks Home Automation House Hydraulics Interior Jet Engine Jetta Lathe Mechanical Metalwork Mower Paint Piano Retro Computing Rigging Roadtrip Science Suspension Transmission Wedding Woodwork Yard